Although secular scientists, and the majority of people for that matter, believe that dinosaurs died out millions of years ago, there is much supporting evidence to show the contrary. What kind of evidence would one expect to find if dinosaurs and man co-existed? Here are some non-biblical accounts of dinosaurs existing with man:
- A Sumerian story dating back to 2000 BC or earlier tells of a hero named Gilgamesh, who, when he went to fell cedars in a remote forest, encountered a huge vicious dragon that he slew, cutting off its head as a trophy.
- When Alexander the Great (c. 330 BC) and his soldiers marched into India, they found that the Indians worshiped huge hissing reptiles that they kept in caves.
- China is renowned for its dragon stories, and dragons are prominent on Chinese pottery, embroidery, and carvings.
- England and several other cultures retain the story of St. George, who slew a dragon that lived in a cave.
- There is the story of a tenth-century Irishman who wrote of his encounter with what appears to have been a Stegosaurus.
- In the 1500s, a European scientific book, Historia Animalium, listed several living animals that we would call dinosaurs. A well-known naturalist of the time, Ulysses Aldrovandus, recorded an encounter between a peasant named Baptista and a dragon whose description fits that of the small dinosaur Tanystropheus. The encounter was on May 13, 1572, near Bologna in Italy, and the peasant killed the dragon.
- Source: http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/what-happened-to-the-dinosaurs
Please visit the following link where you will see many forms of artwork. The details of the dinosaurs seen on these pieces of art show that the artist had to at one point in time seen the dinosaur they drew or crafted. Some of the piece of art show man and dinosaur together! See it for yourself at Genesis Park. RTG also recommends the documentary: Dinosaurs or Dragons and the following book: Dragon: Legends and Lore of Dinosaurs. RTG has provided links for documentaries about dinosaurs here.
Watch the following videos from Forbidden History:
The following link at Genesis Park provides historical writings of people encountering dinosaurs.
Lastly, here is a listing of words used from around the world to describe dinosaurs. This further verifies that in the past there was a world-wide existence of dinosaurs.